Friday 26 November 2010

Travel evidence - Theban Necropolis

Way to deny me from taking photos in your tombs now I've finally bought a camera, Egypt!

That means some of these photos aren't mine, so apologies for their superior, professional quality. I'm sure the transition will be seamless. You'll have to trust that these are things I saw with my real, human eyes - eyes that didn't expect to see a mummified foetus today.


Valley of the Kings



The chilling tomb of Ramesses IV



The gone-wrong tomb of Ramesses III



The frantically-scribbled tomb of Thutmes III


Mortuary Temple of Hatshepsut



Don't get too excited, it's 80% restoration



This doorway seemed important at the time



But no one cares about the rubbish 'tree'


Valley of the Queens



Mummified foetus in tomb of Amun-her-khepeshef. Alive for just six months, 3,000 years ago. Dwell on that!


Colossi of Memnon


Two dilapidated, weather-beaten old relics... and the statues. HA HA HA! I mean, Dave W, Kiara + Colossi of Memnon



No one seemed to know what this thing was. Any ideas?


Novel progress: 38,678 words (77%)