Wednesday 23 March 2011

Don't have a Khaosan, man


Ay caramba!


What's that, Dave? A twenty-years-out-of-date Bart Simpson reference is the best pun you could come up with? And one you've basically used before? EAT MY SHORTS!

I didn't get the appeal of Khaosan Road when I first visited, it just seemed to be like any other trendy tourist street selling knock-off goods, pointless tat and sexy massages. But when you look a little closer, it can be pretty hilarious.


Khaosan Road (and area),
Bangkok



Now I've got your attention, let me deface your flesh



This one might be sending out the wrong message...



Thank goodness for the Super Police, making sure no dodgy goings-on are going on literally metres away



What's this guy hiding for? Those Oxford degrees and press passes he's selling look legitimate to me (as they presumably do to the Super Police)



Or maybe you're keen to drive, but don't have time to learn how not to kill pedestrians?



Of course you don't check ID, that particular currency has lost its value



I don't understand, why are the massages hidden away upstairs?
(And do they give a discount for two minutes?)



The women here are really friendly, they touch your arms and everything



Dave meets May 'Krueger' Kaidee. I only came in for some spring rolls. Still, it's the first minor celebrity I've met since that time Stewart Lee talked to me about Burzum.
I look massive in Asia! (I'm 5' 10")



You can even legitimately punch women here. Is Bangkok paradise or what? EH, LADS!!!
God I hate you