Monday 11 April 2011

Cavedave



I don't often get involved in activities that rhyme with my name, mainly because I'm not into raves and I'm not skilled enough to use a lathe (Mr Whitehurst gave me my first 'D' in metalwork, and my life was a downhill slope from there).

I like caves though. And graves.


Perak Tong



Cave temple entrance



Biggest Buddha in Malaysia, apparently.
I've seen bigger



This is what happens if you don't eat your vegetables, kids



Buddhist cave paintings



Places to look at stuff



Ipoh: industry view



Ipoh: residential view.
You can see why I'm keen to take trips out of Ipoh



Harsh light of day


Sam Poh Tong




This cave temple was scarier and darker than the others. There were some signs that it wasn't for the pussy-at-heart though...



Like this mean bouncer



Or this glowing-eyed dragon



Or these savage, flesh-eating turtles.
Maybe they were responsible for that crocodile too?
(Funny though, I thought they ate pizza)



But look, here's a scruffy puppy with a disproportionately large head.
Aww, who's a mangy freak? Yuss you are!



138 steps later, the views aren't so great, but at least there are no people around



Oh, apart from him.
In a cave