Saturday 16 April 2011

Highlander II: Revenge of the Disgusting Bugs



The Cameron Highlands aren't only a place for weak British tourists to escape the oppressive Malaysian heat - people actually live and work here too. Imagine that!

I thought it would be a worthwhile and interesting activity to see how local produce like tea, honey and strawberries are cultivated. It wasn't. But at least there were some freakish bugs to keep me entertained - even if I disappointingly wasn't allowed to eat them this time.


Teas, bees and strawberries



Boh salec- no, I can't bring myself to do it. Not even ironically



People working in the tea fields, if you squint



Bee farm.
Is there anywhere more boring in the Cameron Highlands?



Strawberry farm.
It turns out there is!



Dave W at 6,666 feet (Gunung Brinchang)


Selamat Datang Butterfly Farm



It's bug quiz time!






Raja Brooke butterfly.
Q: Dead or workshy?



Q: How many butterflies are in this picture?
A: You don't get a prize, because I can't be bothered to verify it



Snaketangle



Dave likes geckos



Dave has three seconds to live