Saturday 23 February 2013

Well, that about wraps it up for Australia



I'll definitely come back to Australia some time, to do all the obvious tourist things. I wasn't feeling much like a tourist this time, as I was back to travelling alone and a little dismayed by the cost of everything compared to the unfair Asian prices I've been spoiled by the last two and a half years. With Air Asia's absurd fares to travel a quarter of the way around the world, getting here is the cheap part.

Instead, I treated Australia as sanity/sanitary leave between visits to poorer and more corrupt parts of the world, and as the chance to catch up with old friends from my past life in Edinburgh, when I was apparently slightly different (Andie thought so, at least).

These encounters involved a lot more board games than I would have expected, and reminded me of some ace past times I'd largely forgotten. I may have got bored in my last year in Edinburgh after most people moved away, but before that it was frequently fantastic, and I have to remember that. I'll definitely go back there some time too.


Lismore



The best thing in Lismore



Apart from Lana and Andie's pad


Surfers Paradise



As soon as we crossed the border to Queensland, the twats became even more pronounced



A childish day out again again again again again again again again again again again again again. I am twenty-seven years old



The best thing in the Gold Coast


Coolangatta



Queensland - The Sunshine State



Oh god, what have I done?


Australia route map




A Sydney
B Blue Mountains
C Southern Highlands
D Newcastle
E Byron Bay
F Nimbin
G Lismore
H Surfers Paradise
I Coolangatta



Yeah, I should probably come back